Saturday, February 27, 2010

Best Pre-Valentine's Day EVER!

Well, I'm sure most of you know by now, but Jay and I have been engaged for 2 weeks today!! The first thing people ask when they hear the good new is, "When are you getting married?" Let me just put it this way, when we figure it out, we'll let you know!! I'm thinking spring 2011, so just keep that season open for now!! The second thing I've found people want to know is how it happened; the story of the proposal! So, here it is:
Jay and I had date night plans for Saturday, February 13. Kind of our little Valentine's Day celebration since it landed on a Sunday this year. Jay came to pick me up at my apartment and he was carrying a vase of roses and gift bag. When I finished getting ready Jay asked me to open the card he had brought for me. I sat down and started reading the card and Jay pulled a pen out of his pocket and handed it to me. I ask what it was for and he told me to just keep reading. I don't know if many of you know this about Jay, but he's quite cheesy, and I LOVE him for it!! So he gives me this pen and I continue reading the card. It was really sweet and talked about growing old together. So I get to the bottom of the card and Jay had written, "Will you grow old with me?" and just like the notes we wrote when we were kids, he had drawn 3 boxes and asked me to check one, YES, NO, or MAYBE. Of course I checked YES and Jay said he had another gift for me and told me to close my eyes. I'm not gonna lie, but at that point I knew he was up to something. I opened my eyes and he had the ring box opened! I was pretty much in shock for a bit. He put the ring on my finger and that was it. Officially off the market!! It was perfect tho! Jay being Jay, I loved it!!

1 comment:

  1. MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE :)
    PS... I totally know how to make it pretty now.. but since I'm not going to see you forever.. have Jordan help you :) remember.. she is your replacement best friend... she'll never be as good as me .. but she'll do .. I GUESS :)
    I love you Jam Jam

    ReplyDelete